Island Living - The benefits
There are many benefits to living on Magnetic Island. Some are obvious such as the fresh sea air, a relaxed and friendly community, 'island time', plus a fantastic outdoor tropical lifestyle.
Some of the other less obvious benefits are:
• Registration concessions for island vehicles - although if you need to take your vehicle to the mainland, you will just require a notice from the police station which is very easy to organise.
• Island residents can get a vehicle concession with Fantasea Cruising Magnetic, plus you can also get a 10 trip discount card.
• Island children go to school in Townsville on free ferries and buses
• Sealink offer a discounted monthly pass as well as a Flexi ticket. The Flexi ticket contains 10 trips at a discounted price from the single ticket fare.
Contact Sealink for any other island concessions which may apply.
• Tax zoning allowance
• It's a very safe place for children to grow up
• Kids are not near shops so they save money and they learn to entertain themselves in other, more creative/active ways.
• There is a goverment allowance for children living in Horseshoe Bay who go to bording school on the mainland.
If you know of other benefits of living on Magnetic Island which aren't listed here, just send us an email
Organsing a street party in your neighbourhood?
Grab a copy of the Neighbours Party Kit. It has everything you need to know about making it a fun and memorable event!